Working with us
Caption Data is a small but rapidly growing business, with leading edge wireless remote monitoring systems that are already in use in 15 countries around the world, as well as on prestige iconic installations like the Houses of Parliament, and Thames Barrier. We are Private Equity backed and the 3 founding Director Shareholders still work in the business. We expect to triple in size in the next 3 years, so this is an exciting and opportune time to join the team.
CDL have been delivering end-to-end IoT solutions to a wide range of business customers for over 10 Years. We are well positioned to take full advantage of the rapidly growing IoT market.
Organisations are waking up to the real value in the data that can be harnessed from remote assets and services, CDL’s solutions can unlock new revenue streams, increase efficiency and deliver a competitive advantage (to name but a few).
CDL fast track and de-risk delivering an end to end IoT solution and provide the tools to unlock the value of asset and service data.
We are always interested to hear from talented individuals with appropriate skill-sets and who understand & relate to our values
- World Class
1. Business Development Representative
Salary: £20,000.00 to £30,000.00 /year
- Proactively pursue new clients within target sectors
- Manage inbound sales enquiries
- Many of our clients are multi-national organisations with many stakeholders and opportunities, creating an understanding and developing relationships with all stakeholders to maximise revenue
- You will present a solid business case to b2b prospects and move opportunities through a sales pipeline in a methodical, professional manner
The person CDL needs
- IoT has limitless possibilities across many different sectors, CDL has a clear understanding in where we fit and there is an abundance of targets. The successful individual will show creativity, flexibility, and awareness of viable opportunities and be able to focus on winning business
- Ability to consult with prospects to understand their pain points and how CDL’s solution can remedy this
- We need a person that is professional and has the ability to create high quality, long term trusting relationships with our clients. The impact of IoT for our clients can be significant and as such their senior executives will be involved and they need to feel they have partnered with the right company, this is led by this role
- Someone who is comfortable with technology, the CDL solution has an underlying level of complexity however this does not need to be fully understood to be successful in this role.
- Ability to focus on the benefits our solution delivers and not the ‘deep tech’
- Ability to recognise when other members of the CDL team need to be introduced into customer discussions when deeper technical demands arise/need to be addressed
Identify key decision making contacts and Companies, examples could be (but not limited to):-
- LinkedIn/LinkedIn Navigator
- Trade publications
- Arrange face to face meetings (A higher percentage will be video conferencing due to current climate) wherever possible with prospects
- Maximise understanding of where prospects pain points are and how they can yield value from asset data
- Deliver software demonstrations via VC which focus on features that address prospects pain points
- Present, promote, and sell CDL solutions using solid arguments; this requires developing product & application-specific knowledge and experience as well as prepared materials to speed/scale sales potential
- Maintain ongoing levels of contact with prospects and existing accounts
- Produce monthly sales forecasts
- Keep records of all sales activities on the Company CRM system
- Accurately track opportunities at each stage with next steps
- Assist MD on demand-driven activities
- Contribute to updating of blogs and other marketing mediums
- Liaise with customers/CDL copywriter to produce case study material
2. Senior Web Developer
6 Month Initial Position
Caption Data is a leading Industrial IoT business delivering solutions to various markets. Caption Data is at a point of significant growth, so is now looking to introduce the most current technology management and methodology into its operations and extend its technology to new sectors and industries. Subject to performance and business needs this position may become permanent.
In This Role
As a six month project you will be responsible for working to ensure technology is developed in line with the company vision and strategy. This will include architecture design, hands-on development, implementing and leading development of existing architecture and to evolve our V2 architecture for the future:
- Hands-on writing code, documenting and developing new patterns.
- Active peer review and team collaboration with other developers and engineers both in house and external.
- Features delivered end-to-end, ensuring the back-end code is robust, the test coverage is thorough, and the frontend experience is rich and enjoyable for all users.
- Care about code quality, architecture decisions and enjoy collaborating with the Caption Data team to deliver outstanding solutions.
- Support our customers and internal operations where needed.
- Agile and SCRUM Development methodology and discipline.
- Experience with web
- Testing strategies. You must have a strong working knowledge and experience of continuous integration and testing frameworks with a pyramid approach (unit testing, integration testing, acceptance testing, etc.).
- Architectural design and design patterns. You should have experience leading architectural decisions for web applications and be well versed and a strong advocate of design patterns, where applicable.
- Knowledge of real-time, event-driven protocols such as MQTT, AMQP, WebSockets, HTTP(s) etc.
- Experience delivering developer-focussed APIs, including API design, documentation and scaling.
Nice to Have Skills
- Experience with infrastructure, e.g. AWS and distributed systems are beneficial.
- Experience with other languages e.g. Node.js, Perl, Python, Bash etc.
What’s It Like To Work at Caption Data
As a company we’re committed to a future as a technology and services innovator. We work in a company of inclusive people who treat each other well. We’re building a company with a diverse set of people who value:
- Ownership and impact of work. You have some autonomy and ownership over your work with a visible impact externally on products powered by Caption Data that can be used across multiple services.
- Work is varied and challenging as we’re solving problems that push the limits of what’s possible with today’s technology in various industries.
- Being part of cutting-edge technological development.
Caption Data has a culture that values employee freedom and responsibility. Apply to talk to us to see if this role in an impactful and collaborative team is right for you.
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES
We are operating limited numbers within our offices which allow effective distancing measures to be adhered to. Risk assessments and an internal track and trace system is inplace.
To arrange an initial conversation about current or potential future vacancies, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV
Recent positions filled include
Senior Web Developer
Are you from a recruitment agency, job advertising board or perhaps a similar business that we haven’t heard of before?
We manage the recruitment process in-house and at this time we do not need your services, thank you.