Working with us
Caption Data is a small but rapidly growing business, with leading edge wireless remote monitoring systems that are already in use in 15 countries around the world, as well as on prestige iconic installations like the Houses of Parliament, and Thames Barrier. We are Private Equity backed and the 3 founding Director Shareholders still work in the business. We expect to triple in size in the next 3 years, so this is an exciting and opportune time to join the team.
We are always interested to hear from talented individuals with appropriate skill-sets and who understand & relate to our values
Job Title: Sales and billing administrator
Reporting to: Financial Controller
Hours: P/T 20-25 hours a week
Benefits: onsite parking, contributory pension scheme
Caption Data is a small but ambitious business providing remote monitoring systems to a wide variety of international blue-chip companies. We are looking for a sales and billing administrator with a strong team playing ethic and an adaptable and flexible mindset. Almost all areas of this role will involve some sort of software system and data analysis, therefore a strong knowledge/comfort level with typical modern software systems is a prerequisite of the role. Knowledge of contract billing and sales ledger would be a definite advantage.
Support the finance and sales teams. Manage the customer subscriptions database and contracts and raise invoices.
Responsibilities and tasks include;
• Managing CDLSmartHub subscriptions (This is a subscription-based service offered by CDL) including invoicing, debtor and contract management and database monitoring.
• Respond to customer queries relating to their subscriptions and units purchased from CDL.
• Assist in processing enquiries and orders, liaising with the Sales and Production teams to register on various systems. Help organise couriers for despatch of sales.
• Maintain contact with customers to develop relationships and improve service.
• Assist in future SmartHub system and database development.
• Input into SalesOrder.com for sales, admin and products (This is the CDL ERP system)
• Follow all company policies, e.g. health & safety, internet use, including alerting the directors to any breaches
We are operating limited numbers within our offices which allow effective distancing measures to be adhered to. Risk assessments and an internal track and trace system is in place.
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES
Job Title: Customer Support Technician/Customer Success Manager
Caption Data is a leading Industrial IoT business delivering solutions to various markets, utilising our own in-house designed and developed hardware and Web Portal. Caption Data is at a point of significant growth opportunity. As a result, we have created this new role. This is a technical & customer-facing role and requires at times a very hands-on approach.
IN THIS ROLE
As examples on any one day, you could be:-
About the person we need:
An IT “savvy” engineer with practical, hands-on experience will be needed. Just as important though are excellent interpersonal skills, sense of purpose, empathy with customers’ staff at all levels, and a large dose of ambition, a can-do attitude, professionalism, and a sense of humour.
We are a small, dynamic team and the successful candidate must also have the ability to be flexible in their working approach and enjoy the adrenaline of handling multiple client issues/opportunities concurrently.
More detail about the role:
- After suitable training, you will become part of the first line of technical support to clients, and after further time on the job and training, you will become the first line of support for field issues and problem-solving.
- You will particularly engage and support new users [e.g. training their technicians via site visits] to ensure they get the greatest return on their investment and so buy more systems. This will involve travel in both the UK and internationally.
- Forming close relationships with clients and helping them extract the maximum value from the solution is a key part of this role, this, for example, could include spotting trends or patterns in their data that could lead to significant savings in disruption and value for the end client.
- You will be involved in developing help files to make the user experience even more satisfying, this will be a mix of traditional documentation, web-based videos, and support platforms. [No web development skills needed as we have this resource already]
- Installation and commissioning support will be a key part of this role, helping customers/CDL make a success of pilot trials and client deployments.
- Working with the team, composing SLA agreements, and support processes will be a key part of this role.
WHAT’S IT LIKE TO WORK AT CAPTION DATA?
As a company, we’re committed to a future as a technology and services innovator. We work in a company of inclusive people who treat each other well. We’re building a company with a diverse set of people who value:
- Ownership and impact of work. You have real autonomy and ownership over your work with a visible impact externally on products powered by Caption Data that can be used across multiple services.
- An environment to thrive with excellent road links and parking.
- Work is varied and challenging as we’re solving problems that push the limits of what’s possible with today’s technology in the services industries.
- Being part of cutting edge technology development
- Free drinks in the office.
- Ongoing professional development (training, events, conferences).
- 22 days of paid annual leave.
- Company contributions towards your pension up to 5%.
- Flexible working options.
Apply to talk to us by emailing email@example.com to see if this role on an impactful and collaborative team is right for you.
We are operating limited numbers within our offices which allow effective distancing measures to be adhered to. Risk assessments and an internal track and trace system are in place.
Recent positions filled include:
Senior Web Developer
Junior PHP developer
Stock & Purchasing Administrator
Caption Data has a culture that values employee freedom and responsibility. Apply to talk to us to see if this role on an impactful and collaborative team is right for you.
Are you from a recruitment agency, job advertising board or perhaps a similar business that we haven't heard of before?
We manage the recruitment process in-house and at this time we do not need your services, thank you.