Senior Web Developer
6 Month Initial Position
Caption Data is a leading Industrial IoT business delivering solutions to various markets. Caption Data is at a point of significant growth, so is now looking to introduce the most current technology management and methodology into its operations and extend its technology to new sectors and industries. Subject to performance and business needs this position may become permanent.
IN THIS ROLE
As a six month project you will be responsible for working to ensure technology is developed in line with the company vision and strategy. This will include architecture design, hands-on development, implementing and leading the development of existing architecture and to evolve our V2 architecture for the future:
- Hands-on writing code, documenting and developing new patterns.
- Active peer review and team collaboration with other developers and engineers both in house and external.
- Features delivered end-to-end, ensuring the back-end code is robust, the test coverage is thorough, and the frontend experience is rich and enjoyable for all users.
- Care about code quality, architecture decisions and enjoy collaborating with the Caption Data team to deliver outstanding solutions.
- Support our customers and internal operations where needed.
TECHNICAL SKILLS NEEDED:
- Agile and SCRUM Development methodology and discipline.
- Experience with web
- Testing strategies. You must have a strong working knowledge and experience of continuous integration and testing frameworks with a pyramid approach (unit testing, integration testing, acceptance testing, etc.).
- Architectural design and design patterns. You should have experience leading architectural decisions for web applications and be well versed and a strong advocate of design patterns, where applicable.
- Knowledge of real-time, event-driven protocols such as MQTT, AMQP, WebSockets, HTTP(s) etc.
- Experience delivering developer-focused APIs, including API design, documentation and scaling.
NICE TO HAVE SKILLS:
- Experience with infrastructure, e.g. AWS and distributed systems are beneficial.
- Experience with other languages e.g. Node.js, Perl, Python, Bash etc.
WHAT’S IT LIKE TO WORK AT CAPTION DATA?
As a company we’re committed to a future as a technology and services innovator. We work in a company of inclusive people who treat each other well. We’re building a company with a diverse set of people who value:
- Ownership and impact of work. You have some autonomy and ownership over your work with a visible impact externally on products powered by Caption Data that can be used across multiple services.
- Work is varied and challenging as we’re solving problems that push the limits of what’s possible with today’s technology in various industries.
- Being part of cutting-edge technological development.
Caption Data has a culture that values employee freedom and responsibility. Apply to talk to us to see if this role in an impactful and collaborative team is right for you.
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES – Please apply to email@example.com
We are operating limited numbers within our offices which allow effective distancing measures to be adhered to. Risk assessments and an internal track and trace system is in place.