How can I get a better understanding of where my energy is actually being used?
- There are a few parts to this answer:-
- Often if metering solutions are in place, they take the main feed in to a property giving very ‘coarse’ measurements.
- They are valuable in their own rights but will ask as many questions as they answer.
- There is value in taking a deeper level of measurements throughout your facility, this will enable you to gain understanding and insights into what areas/machines/services are the main energy consumers.
- Using smart technology to harvest this energy data and the SmartHub IoT platform to analyse the data will give you a smart toolset to gain an accurate picture of where your energy is being used, allowing you take any corrective action.
I have someone taking manual meter readings, why don’t I just carry on with this?
- If the meters actually exist this is indeed an option, it is however very inefficient and will not give you real time insights. This is also open to human error.
What are the practical steps to deploying a CDL Smart energy monitoring solution?
- CDL can work closely with you to gain an understanding of where your energy consumption. A simple hand drawing of where you wish to monitor your energy consumption (electricity/water/gas) and photos can often be enough to get moving.
What does the hardware look like?
- There is always going to need to be a hardware element, CDL has variety of smart wireless sensors and cellular solutions to retrieve your energy data
- The data is transmitted securely back the CDL SmartHubTM without the need for local LAN connectivity, there is no need for any localised IT support or involvement
Can I take any other measurements?
- Yes indeed, in fact the process of measuring/monitoring energy consumption can often throw up these demands. Other measurements could be air quality, machinery status, air flow, leak detection and much more. Please look at the Matrix + for a full range of options
I have multiple properties; can I aggregate all this data into one account?
- Yes, all the harvested data is fed back securely into your SmartHub account, this gives you a single, helicopter view of all of your estate and the energy footprint.