If your product or equipment already has Modbus, then the NanoULTRA from Caption Data gives you the immediate ability to join them to the Internet of Things. From single units to 1000’s of units, with on line & real time control through the CDL SmartHub™
We have clients around the world using the NanoULTRA to manage products with Modbus and increase value, for example:
- A Leading global Air Processing OEM uses the NanoULTRA on products throughout Europe Middle East and Asia, to manage customer SLA’s
- A Leading US/UK water instrumentation company use the NanoULTRA in challenging field locations to give their clients real time data on Smart Water Grids
- A Leading maker of UPS systems use the product to provide award winning levels of service to their customers
- A Leading maker of chillers uses the NanoULTRA to manage their rental fleet of products, speeding up commissioning and reducing complaints
Every NanoULTRA will appear as a pin marker on your own SmartHub portal as soon as it is powered up. From the SmartHub you can name individual units, manage the MODBUS registers to poll, set alarm thresholds and monitoring frequencies, add users and alarm recipients, monitor audit trails, download data and graphics, etc. The SmartHub is available with no software to load via any internet device via any browser.
So how does it work?
The NanoULTRA is pre-configured to handle protocols like MODBUS. So within a matter of hours the unit can be connected up and polling your chosen MODBUS registers, using its on board intelligence to compare to high and low thresholds if appropriate. It will report in via its own secure GSM modem at user defined intervals, as well as any time a threshold is breached, so you can monitor assets via your own personal dashboard. See at a glance if all is as it should be, and drill down into any unit to see detailed data and make informed decisions in real time.
Modbus configuration at a glance
- Quickly create new modus data maps for new controllers/instruments/PLC’s
- Add virtually unlimited Modbus registers to these controllers including all associated input addresses, length, input description, units (Hz, Degrees C etc.), multipliers, function codes e.g. analogue input holding registers, input type e.g. 16 bits unsigned
- Choose to read or write to registers allowing you to control set points on remote equipment
- Poll up to four Modbus slaves each with different register sets
Why is this so powerful?
- Once you have set a data map up, you can recall it at any point in the future for other NanoULTRA systems – there is no need to replicate this workload
- You can choose all of the configured registers or only one of them on different installations, this is a simple tick box selection on the SmartHub
- Once the power and the communications link to the target device are wired ALL configuration is performed securely via any web browser
- No client based software to install on a pc
- No local communication cable needed to connect to the NanoULTRA for configuration
- Give different levels of user visibility on different Modbus registers e.g. write functions can be active for high level admin only
- Blend analogue, digital and Modbus data (from up to 4 slaves) into one data set (see image below)
As well as handling MODBUS with ease, the NanoULTRA offers a host of unique features
- 4 x instrument grade analogue inputs, with 5 gain ranges configurable via the SmartHub
- 4 x optically isolated digital I/O
- On board SD card for additional data granularity and “flight recorder” safety
- Optional CAN bus and hi res GPS [low resolution geo positioning available as standard]
- BLE and App for data access, calibration, commissioning support
- IP68 enclosure [optional]
- Ultra low power consumption for field use on battery packs
- Separate battery pack
Download the full product spec and data sheet HERE
Who Are Caption Data?
Caption Data Limited is a UK company, based in Worcester, and leading the way in applying remote monitoring and “Internet of Things” technology to the Built Environment, and OEMs, Consultants, Construction and FM businesses operating in that sector. With thousands of installed units across 15 countries, we provide end-to-end solutions, all the way from the product to the cloud & our SmartHub™. The products deliver real ROI, are quick to install, light touch, and above all are practical for our clients.
Check out what our customers say about us HERE