Selecting the right product for the job is always hugely important to the success of the job! And Remote Telemetry Units have a lot of features, so to help customers choose the right product from our range we have just published a product comparison chart, which you can view here.
SOME FACTORS TO CONSIDER WHEN SELECTING REMOTE TELEMETRY UNITS
If you need it to work in the field on battery power then there are a few things to think about …
- quiescent power consumption to maximise life,
- local intelligence & real time monitoring.
- SD card to act as “black box flight recorder” to capture granular measurements not viably transferable via GSM
- Smart batteries, with remote Battery condition monitoring
- on-board battery back-up in case of primary battery failure, to alert you if there is a problem
Depending on the application of your RTU, your needs will vary.
- As an OEM, you may be interested in the many available serial protocols/levels- Modbus, ASCII, propriatroy, RS232, RS485….
- If its instrumentation, you may be interested in the 4 “instrument grade” Analogue Inputs, with options to increase to 12, and with16 bit resolution and 5 selectable [on line] gain ranges.
- If you have Asset Management applications, the above linked to 8 digital i/o’s may be of interest
- Getting the data to the cloud there are a range of options: GSM, Ethernet, Wifi, Bluetooth, whitespace…
Your Own SmartHub
- Power up your unit and immediately see it on line
- Geo locations
- Any browser, Any device
- Set alarm thresholds, recipients, track trends
- multi language, multli time zones
- Active graphing, cut and paste images
- Brand your smart hub with your logo, name etc
- Get more information on CDL’s SmartHub here
Here are some quick links depending what you are looking for:
Wireless network systems RDL//1000
Process output, [if you can measure it, we can monitor it]
Structural Monitoring: crack, tilt,
Modbus, CANbus, GPS
Analogue or Digital
Serial, I2C, SPI
Battery or powered
Shock & Vibration Monitoring RDL//Vibe
Battery or mains
Real time local monitoring, PPV, acceleration and speed
On -line alerts and high resoltion event capture
2 x tri-axial low frequency geophones
Read how these units worked for one of our customers here